Invites skilled professionals

Work in the US on a long term basis

Work in USA

The H-1B visa is a temporary or nonimmigrant U.S. visa for foreign nationals seeking temporary entry into the United States for employment in specialty occupations. Applicants are selected for adjudication via lottery and are subject to a cap on the number of visas that will be approved.

The H-1B allows U.S. companies to employ foreign nationals with theoretical or technical knowledge in a specialty occupation. It has enabled leading U.S. tech companies to recruit the talent needed – especially in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics – for America to dominate the world in the arena of technical innovation.

Jobs that suit the H-1B visa require a university degree, the equivalent or higher. The equivalent of a bachelor's degree is considered three years of work experience for each year spent at university.

H-1B Visa Validity

The H-1B visa is valid for three years and can be extended one time for an additional three years. In general, the H-1B is valid for a maximum of six years.

However, there’s a caveat when transitioning from an H-1B visa to a green card. The individual can perpetually extend their H-1B visa by filing for an EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3 before the end of the fifth year. 

Sections 104(c) and 106(a) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (AC21), 8 CFR 214.2(h)(13)(iii)(D) and (E).

In this situation, people have to stay with the same company to retain their place in line. If the individual decides to switch companies, they have to begin the entire process over.

H-1B Lottery

USCIS randomly selects registrants to submit their complete H-1B visa petition using a lottery system.

The annual H-1B visa limit is 85,000. There are 65,000 regular H-1B visas each year and an additional 20,000 visas reserved for applicants with advanced degrees. 

Some exceptions to the H-1B visa cap include people entering the U.S. to work in higher education or affiliated research/non-profit organizations.

Of the 65,000 regular H-1B visas, 6,800 are specifically for citizens of Chile and Singapore under the H1-B1 visa.

H-1B Visa Requirements

H-1B visa applications require a petitioner (the employer) and beneficiary (employee). 

The beneficiary must meet a minimum of one of the following requirements:

  • Have completed a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in the same field as their specialty occupation from an accredited university.
  • Hold a foreign degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher in the same field as the specialty occupation.
  • Hold an unrestricted state license registration or certification in the specialty occupation field in the intended state of employment.
  • Have verifiable and recognized education, experience, or training in the specialty equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher.

H-1B Documents and Application Process

Step 1: Employer/Agent submits Labor Conditions Application to the Department of Labor (DOL) for certification of an LCA. 

Step 2: Employer/Agent submits the completed Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to the designated USCIS service center. The DOL-certified LCA must accompany the I-129 petition.

Step 3: Upon I-129 petition approval, the prospective H-1B worker may apply with the U.S. Department of State (DOS) at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad for an H-1B visa (or admission if a visa is required). 

The prospective H-1B worker must apply to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for admission under an H-1B classification regardless of whether a visa is required to enter the U.S.

H-1B Specialty Occupations

Field may include (but are not limited to) the following. If your area of work is not in one of the fields of work listed below, please contact us and we will be happy to advise.

  • accountancy
  • architecture
  • arts
  • computer programming (including software QA & testers)
  • education
  • engineering
  • international business management
  • journalism
  • law
  • mathematics
  • medicine / health
  • modeling
  • nursing
  • research
  • sciences
  • social sciences
  • theology

How can i apply for a work visa in the UK?


Deshmukh N., USA

I recently applied for a H1B visa with the help of SA7 Study Abroad and I'm so glad I did. The process was made very easy and the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions promptly and provided me with all the necessary information to get my visa approved. I highly recommend their services if you're looking for a reliable study abroad agency!

Seema.R. ,USA

SA7 study abroad has been an absolute life-saver for me. I was looking for a way to stay in the US after graduating from college and SA7 made it possible. They provided all the necessary guidance and paperwork to get my H1B visa approved quickly and without any hassle. I'm so thankful for their help!

Manisha ,USA

I am delighted to inform you that my H1B application was successfully approved. I am immensely grateful to SA7 for its assistance, which played a major role in achieving this positive outcome. Furthermore, I have spoken highly of your services to my friends and will be sure to refer you to anyone else in need of similar assistance. I cannot thank you enough for your help

Quick Contact
close slider